If you are looking for a residential architect it is crucial that you find someone who is experienced and respected in their field. Choosing the wrong architect can be quite expensive in the long run. In order to find the best residential architect you may want to do some research first. You can do this by:
- Asking around from people that you know. If you know someone who has hired an architect recently you can ask them for their recommendation. This is one of the best ways of finding the right architect.
- You can even choose an architect on the online data bases. Any good architect practicing in Sydney would be registered with the architects’ board.
- You can even speak to the local contractors in your area to help you get a few names. Since the contractor is always in constant touch with people who design homes or buildings they might be able to suggest you few names.
Shortlisting residential architects
Once you have a few names on your list you may want to consider the following factors when shortlisting architects:
- Check out the building portfolio of each architect on your list. They should have a number of projects which should showcase their ability. Be on the lookout for any qualities or designs which are unique to a particular architect and only hire them if you want those implemented in your new home as well.
- During the interview it is best to be communicative about what you want in the design. Your architect is actually your partner in the project and you should trust them to carry out your vision. The right communication is key to ensuring a successful project.
- Be open about suggestions and ideas. Your architect might suggest you some amends or give you some ideas which might make your project more successful. Make sure that you are receptive to the advice because it can be helpful.
- Do talk about budgeting concerns. Now is the right time to check out a budget and see whether an architect would be able to work within it or not. However there are time when things tend to go over budget. Constant communication with your architect might help resolve the issue.
- During the project your architect might reach out to you for a direct consultation. They might need your input on handling issues which would arise or on the material which needs to be used. Keep in mind that these consultations would require your immediate attention.
- Also talk about the services which the architect is going to provide in the given project. Your architect might cover their project management fee as well as charge you for any extra services.
- Don’t forget to talk to your architect about the building codes which they would have to follow. This should ensure that the project is in compliance with the local building codes and guidelines.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind would help you when finding the best residential architects.